This post contains affiliate links; this means if you make a purchase using one of these links I may receive a commission. Please see my disclosure for more information.
From my earliest memories, I always wanted to be a mom. My own mother even reminds me of how much I loved to pretend to play mom. I spend as much time with taking care of my second cousins, most of the time it didn’t take much to convince me.
It is a dream for some girls growing up, the moment they get to become a mother. What our dreams don’t include is all the things that may come along with pregnancy. All the morning sickness and heartburn.
For me, it feels like from the moment I am told I pregnant or see two lines come up on the pregnancy test I start to feel sick. All the symptoms coming following in at once. I have gathered eight essential oils that you may benefit from during pregnancy.
We have also gathered some great blend recommendations for each pregnancy symptom. Pregnancy essential oils go hand in hand. Plus they make pregnancy just that much better.
The Specific Benefits and Which Oils to Use
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty. What are we doing this for anyway? Relief. Sweet relief. The following ailments can be treated with these corresponding oils:
- Frequent urination: sweet marjoram, cypress, neroli
- Abdominal discomfort: juniper, benzoin, lavender
- Heartburn: sandalwood, Roman chamomile, petitgrain
- Hemorrhoids: cypress, sandalwood, peppermint, sweet orange
- Morning sickness: petitgrain, sweet orange, mandarin
- Mild nausea: ginger diffuser
- Stretch marks: lavender, frankincense, rose (postpartum), Roman chamomile
- Varicose veins: cypress, sandalwood, sweet orange
- Water retention: petitgrain, geranium, bitter orange
- Aches and pains: blend ginger and lavender with massage oil
- Mild anxiety, depression, stress, insomnia: ylang ylang in diffuser or bath
- Nausea, indigestion: blend sweet orange with ginger
- To improve mood and energy: blend sweet orange with grapefruit in a diffuser
- Fatigue, fight infections: grapefruit in diffuser or bath
- Backache: chamomile massage
- Swollen ankles and feet: mandarin, lavender foot massage or soak
- Tension, relaxation: blend petitgrain and lavender with frankincense for massage